Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year


Hi there!
Since my absence from the blogosphere a lot has happened, I don't really know where to begin. So I thought I would start by completing the year in review that I've done in the past.
(Because of time ticking by too quickly and because I want to make sure this gets posted on Jan.1st I've skipped some questions.)

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I got an MRI, actually two. Fun times!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not big on resolutions and I honestly can't remember if I made any or not so therefore I don't know if I kept them!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, not close to me, but I do know several people that did give birth and even more that are currently pregnant.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my cat, Willie. I miss him everyday!

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Financial stability, and for my husband to find a job where he is valued and secure.


7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 10th, the day Willie died. :(

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think I've done a pretty good job of remaining positive (see #10). I just try to remember that it could be worse!

9. What was your biggest failure?


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um...you could say that. I found out that I have polycystic kidney disease, so I'm on high blood pressure medicine. Oh, and I was diagnosed with MS. I give myself a shot every other day.
It's really strange to actually write these things because I feel fine!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Sunday Newspaper subscription. I'm not kidding! I love Sundays because I wake up, make coffee, read the paper, look at the adds, and clip coupons!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband because he is awesome! He has been my rock and source of happiness this year!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The manager who let Drew go after 4 months when he was producing more than another girl who was hired at the same time! Makes no sense.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The usual suspects, rent, student loans, car payment.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was really excited to go on vacation to the beach with my family. We had a great time!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Probably Nelly- Just a Dream. That song gets stuck in my head all the time! I'm not even sure that Nelly is the one that sings it and I'm also not sure that it's the correct title!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Same on all accounts.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had done more purging. 2011 resolution, perhaps? I don't need so much stuff!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Cry.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We were with Drew's family from 12/22-25 and then with my family from 12/25-29. So Christmas day we opened presents with Drew's family, had lunch, then drove to my parent's house. We had my family Christmas the day after. Sounds exhausting but it really wasn't too bad!

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with braised pork belly!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I have many! Project Runway, Top Chef, How I Met Your Mother, etc.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I'm not a hater!

24. What was the best book you read?
I really liked Saving Ceecee Honeycut by Beth Hoffman.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. I didn't technically discover them this year but I became a huge fan this year, hence the title of this blog.

26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?

28. What was your favorite film of this year?


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went out for a nice dinner. I'm still dreaming of that braised pork belly!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If everything in #10 wouldn't be so, and if Drew was employed for all 12 months.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Simple casual

32. What kept you sane?
How about who? My family, husband, and in-laws.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?


35. Who did you miss?
I still miss all my friends that live far away!

36. Who was the best new person you met?
My neurologist and his nurse are pretty awesome. I also met some great people who also have MS at a water aerobics class.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life is never going to go as planned. There will be good days and bad days. It's okay to lean on others during those bad days.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a better 2011!



1 comment: